Vicki Austin CPDT-KA
What is CPDT-KA? Read More
Qualifications, Experience and Success
- Certificate IV Canine Behaviour Specialist – 21574(VIC)
- Certificate III Dog Behaviour and Training
- Certificate IV Substance Detection
- Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training (TAE40110)
- Certificate IV (RUV40304) Companion Animal Services
- Owned and trained Australian Obedience Champion
- Retired full-panel Obedience Judge – Australian National Kennel Control
- Trainer and Presenter, Free Flight Bird Show at Sydney’s Taronga Zoo
- Consultant to Marine Mammal Trainers (Seal Show) at Taronga Zoo
- Trainer of professional scent detector dog teams for quarantine, narcotics, explosives, etc
- Animal wrangler for the media industry
- Member of the Pet Industry Association of Australia
- Vicki Austin began dog training as an amateur in 1984, successfully competing in officially sanctioned, Australian National Kennel Control (ANKC), Obedience Trials.
- She attained the highest award in Australia of Australian Obedience Champion.
- Over the next twelve years she held official positions of Chief Instructor and President of two large dog training clubs in Sydney.
- In 1990 she began her dog obedience judging career and by 1995 held her full-panel Obedience Judge’s Licence under the ANKC.
- Vicki began her own dog training/behaviour modification business on the north-side of Sydney in 1993 and built up her clientele and reputation, resulting in a successful business venture.
- In 1998, Vicki accepted the position of Manager of Training with a large boarding and Dog Training Centre in Sydney, achieving excellent (documented) results.
- Vicki trained the first Quarantine Detector Dogs and Handler teams for the French government of New Caledonia and also trained detector dog teams for the state governments of Tasmania and Western Australia.
- A slight career path change in 2001 saw Vicki employed by Taronga Zoo in Sydney as a trainer and presenter of their Free Flight Bird Show. She was also utilised as a training consultant to other Zoo divisions. She continues to act as a consultant trainer and instructor of trainers to the Marine Mammal Division.
- TAFE NSW employs Vicki Austin as a teacher of animal training and behaviour modification.
- Vicki has lectured and presented to the NSW Police Explosive and Narcotic Detector Dog Handlers and Trainers; Sydney University Veterinary Science Students; various dog training clubs, etc
- Vicki holds a Certificate IV (Assessment and Workplace Training); Certificate IV Companion Animal Management; Certificate III Dog Training and Behaviour.
- Vicki performs the Master of Ceremonies role at pet events such as the RSPCA Million Paws Walk at Centennial Park in Sydney, industry conferences and Pet Festivals conducted by local councils.