Steve Austins’ Dangerous Dog Assessment and Handling Workshop
You can host your own full day workshop at your premises, or you can attend one of our workshops.
This full day course provides participants with instruction and hands on learning to identify the language of canine aggression and the appropriate responses to avoid or minimise injuries. Participants will experience the use of personal protection equipment and be offered an opportunity to experience a dog bite from a trained dog on a protective sleeve.
The course can be conducted at your premises at a time convenient to you. Get a group together or talk with your manager to arrange work colleagues to individualise a course for your specific needs.
These courses are in high demand and it is recommended to book well in advance. Steve conducts this course throughout Australia.
Travelling costs are applicable outside of Sydney. Investment – $1750 + gst
- Do you know what to do when faced with a snarling and growling dog?
- How can you tell if the dog is ready to attack?
- How do you avoid being attacked?
- Do you know the signs that a dog is about to attack?
- What do you do if a dog has attacked you?
- How can you protect your dog from being attacked by another dog?
- One day (six hours) plus breaks presentation
- For anyone interacting with dogs for work or hobby
- Work Place Health and Safety training and PPE (personal protection equipment)
- Experience a live dog bite (protective sleeve)
- Certificates of Attendance issued
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has to enter a property to perform their working duties including:
- Emergency Services (police, ambulance, fire and rescue)
- Council officers and rangers
- Postal and courier delivery servers
- Energy meter readers
- Professional and volunteer care-providers (nurses, counsellors, SES etc)
Anyone who works directly with dogs:
- Veterinarians and Vet Nurses
- Dog Trainers and Dog Walkers
- Kennel and Dog Daycare Attendants
- Animal Shelter Workers and Volunteers